In collaboration with Leigh-Anne Pinnock and the Black Fund, One Young World is providing the Investing in Equality Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
The Investing in Equality Scholarship has been established to recognize and scale the work of young leaders who have demonstrated impact in dismantling racial injustice through creative expression and scalable activism.
User Review( votes)
One Young World is a UK-based charity that platforms the work of exceptional young leaders from activists, entrepreneurs to young politicians who are all changing our world for the better. One Young World identifies, promotes, and connects the world’s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible, more effective leadership.
Application Deadline: November 19, 2021
- University or Organization: One Young World
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Any
- Award: Stipends
- Number of Awards: Two
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: UK
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Living and making a positive impact in the United Kingdom.
- Sound understanding of injustices facing black, Asian, and ethnic minority people, and;
- A focused and strategic approach to dismantling racial injustice through creative expression or scalable activism
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, candidates are required to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit the relevant documents and transcripts.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a previous degree certificate with excellent grades.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the English language.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Hotel accommodation during the Summit
- Travel to and from Tokyo (economy)
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner on conference days)
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- An exclusive pre-Summit meet up with Leigh-Anne to share more about your work and devise solutions to scale your impact