To encourage students in Germany, Heidelberg University is offering PhD Positions in the Mechanistic and Functional Impact of RNA for the academic year 2021-2022.
The project aims to dissect the mechanisms and function of m6A in alternative splicing regulation. The experiments will be performed in Drosophila and human cells to work out evolutionarily conserved principles and differences.
User Review( votes)
As a public research institution, Heidelberg University’s mission is to advance knowledge and skills for the benefit of current and future generations in an environment that values diversity and tolerance.
Why study at Heidelberg University? Heidelberg University places a strong priority on the training of students and young researchers in addition to its academic and social responsibilities. It facilitates early integration into research techniques and topics through the use of fresh research-based teaching concepts.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
- University or Organization: Heidelberg University
- Department: Dept. of Internal Medicine III
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Germany
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Germany
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the mechanistic and functional impact of RNA modifications on RNA processing
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Proven competence in handling high-throughput data sets and good understanding of the underlying statistical challenges
- Other relevant qualifications include a good understanding of RNA Biology. Wet-lab skills are an asset.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are recommended to enroll in the PhD degree programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Attach official transcripts of academic records from every postsecondary institution attended for at least one year as a full-time student, statement of purpose, Contact details of two referees + two reference letters from these referees, and CV.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have proven competence in scripting/programming (i.e. at least two out of C/C++, R, Python, Java)
- Language Requirement: In order to apply, students are required to complete the English language requirements of the university.
Heidelberg University will provide the salary for applicants in Germany for the academic year 2021-2022.