If you are intrigued by Japanese literature and want to work in that field, you must check out the PhD-Positions in the SNSF Project ‘Time and Emotion in Medieval Japanese Literature at the University of Zurich for the academic year 2022-2023.
Exclusively offered to students who work in the field of Japanese literature Recluse Literature, War Tales, or Legends and Fantastic Tale, this PhD scholarship is entitled to cover 60% of the PhD position and salary for four years. All international and domestic candidates can both apply. Two candidates will be finalized.
Worthy offer for students in Switzerland.
User Review( votes)
The University of Zurich is a public research university in Zürich, Switzerland. Founded in 1833 from the existing colleges of theology, law, and medicine, this university is now one of the top public universities in Zürich, ranked 83rd in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Zurich? The University of Zurich is one of the leading research universities in Europe and offers the widest range of degree programs in Switzerland. The university also belongs to Europe’s most prestigious research institutions and is a member of the League of European Research Universities” (LERU) and “Universitas 21” (U21) network. It is an academically excellent university for students.
Application Deadline: Applications for this position will be reviewed from 22nd August 2022 onwards and will remain open until the position is filled. Applicants are suggested to apply before the mentioned date.
- University or Organization: University of Zurich
- Department: Department of Japanese Studies
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Switzerland.
- Eligible Countries: All Swiss and other overseas students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the PhD positions at the Institute of Asian and Oriental Studies, Department of Japanese Studies, University of Zurich.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have sound knowledge of studying pre-modern, preferably medieval Japanese textual sources.
- Highly promising doctoral candidates who work in the field of Japanese literature for Case Studies 2, 3, or 4, respectively. Alternatively, proposals for the investigations of other genres, for example, historical tales, may also be considered.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can log in to the application portal of the university to apply for admission. Application form to be considered for the PhD position must be submitted separately.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit a cover letter, a CV, a research statement of up to 1,500 words, and a sample of recent work.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the PhD requirements of the university and any other program or course-specific requirements.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the university.
The candidates selected to fill the PhD positions will be provided a 60 % PhD position at the University of Zurich for four years along with a salary by the SNSF regulations for PhD students.