The University of Oslo now wishes to invite applicants for its PhD Research Fellowship in inorganic chemistry/metal-organic synthesis. The PhD fellow will work on an interdisciplinary research project in catalysis and enzymology within the Catalysis section of the Department of Chemistry at UiO.
The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
User Review( votes)
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest rated institution of research and education with 28 000 students and 7000 employees.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue a PhD research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of inorganic chemistry/metal-organic synthesis.
Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- The fellowship will be for a period of 3 years, with no compulsory work or for a period of 4 years, with 25 % compulsory work contingent on the qualifications of the candidate and the teaching needs of the Department of Chemistry.
- Salary NOK 436 900 – 490 900 per annum depending on qualifications and seniority as PhD Research Fellow, (position code 1017).
Number of Awards: Number of scholarship is not given.
The award can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- The applicant must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian master degree in chemistry or a related field, and with relevant specialization within inorganic chemistry, materials chemistry or materials science. The following requirements and aspects will be given major weight in the evaluation of the candidates.
- The candidate should have documented experience in one or more of the below mentioned areas.
- Inorganic and organic synthesis.
- Handling of organometallic compounds skills in working under inert atmosphere conditions.
- NMR and X-ray structure determination.
- In order for having the application assessed by the evaluation committee, the applicant must provide information on his/her expertise within the areas listed. This information should be specifically listed in the first part of the CV enclosed by the applicant.
- It is imperative that the candidates are highly self-driven and able to take responsibility for his/her own work, including troubleshooting and acquiring additional skills required to reach the project goals. He/she must master the English language at a high level and possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- In the cover letter, the applicants must specify and describe why their background makes her/him suitable for the position. Applications without such specification and description will not be considered.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have master’s degree.
English Language Requirements: Good English skills are required for all participants on a PhD programme. International students must document this before appointment by taking one of the following tests with the results indicated or better:
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language, internet based test (IBT). Minimum total score: 80.
- IELTS – International English Language Testing Service. Minimum overall band score: 6.5.
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge.
- PTE Academic – Pearson Test of English Academic. Minimum overall score: 62.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- The application must include:
- Cover letter. Statement of motivation and research interests.
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications).
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation.
- Documentation of English proficiency.
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee.
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
- The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link “Apply for this job”.
- Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
- Applicants may be called in for an interview.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 12, 2017.