A PhD research fellow position is available at the Department of Biosciences, University of Oslo. This is awarded to Norwegian and foreign applicants.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
Worthy offer for candidates
User Review( votes)
The University of Oslo is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
Good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and postdoctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English must document their proficiency in English.
Course Level: Fellowship is provided for PhD programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is tenable in Mycology/Microbiology at the University of Oslo.
Award: Fellowship will compromise: Position code 1017, Pay grade: 50 – 57 (NOK 430 500 – 483 700 per year)
The award can be taken at Norway
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in biology, preferably within the areas mycology and/or microbiology.
- The fellowship requires admission to the PhD program at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The application to the PhD program must be submitted to the department no later than two months after taking up the position.
Nationality: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a master’s degree or equivalent in biology, preferably within the areas mycology and/or microbiology.
Test Requirement: Not Required
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognized tests
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS – International English Language Testing Service
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
- Applicants to the programme for the PhD degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test, or a minimum score of 6.5 from the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
Supporting Material: The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, and transcript of records
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to applicant, e-mail and telephone number)
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: Closed