The University of Trento is awarding PhD Student Scholarships in International Studies. These opportunities are open to international students for the academic year 2018/2019.
The programme provides students with excellent and advanced understanding of complex international processes in a rapidly changing world, and increases opportunities for employment as advanced researchers in academia and international research centers, governmental and non-governmental organizations at European and international levels, as well as private companies operating globally.
User Review( votes)
The programme is conducted entirely in English. An international certificate attesting the candidate’s knowledge of English at C1 level or higher in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is an indispensable requirement for admission. Foreign students are encouraged to obtain a working knowledge of the Italian language.
- Application Deadline: May 24, 2018
- Course Level: award is available for pursuing PhD Programme (full-time basis).
- Study Subject: award is awarded within in the School of International Studies.
- Award: The PhD scholarship is awarded for three years (€13,638.47 per year), subject to satisfactory progress. The grant is adequate to cover living expenses in Trento; no tuition fees are charged.
- Number of Awards: Number of positions: 6
Number of Awards: 6
The bursaries are funded as follows:
– n. 5 scholarships by the University of Trento
– n. 1 scholarship by the European Academy of Bolzano (Eurac Research)
Number of positions (without grant): 0
Number of supernumerary positions: 1 (position reserved to candidates fulfilling the requirements stated by art. 20, par. 3 of the University Regulations regarding PhD Programmes)
- Nationality: All nationalities
- The award can be taken in Italy
- Eligible Countries: The call is open to candidates from all nationalities.
- Entrance Requirements: The main requirements are:
- A high level of English language competency (at least C1).
- An outstanding CV.
- A proposal to do original research in the field of international studies.
- English Language Requirements: The programme is conducted entirely in English. An international certificate attesting the candidate’s knowledge of English at C1 level or higher in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is an indispensable requirement for admission. Foreign students are encouraged to obtain a working knowledge of the Italian language. Applicants may have their TOEFL language test results directly sent to the School. Please note that the TOEFL Code Control of the School of International Studies is 6286.
How to Apply: Applications must be sent online.
Obligatory documents to upload to the online application:
- Certificates regarding academic career (Master’s Diploma; list of examinations and related marks).
- CV/Resume in English.
- Research proposal in English. Maximum length 4 pages – 2000 words, including abstract (max 150 words); an additional bibliography might be attached.
- Statement of purpose (max. 1 page – 500 words) outlining the reasons for applying to this programme;
- International certificate attesting to knowledge of the English language at C1 level or higher;
In addition, the following documents may be submitted as complementary attachments:
- A list of scientific publications;
- A list of other qualifications related to International Studies, such as summer schools, specialized training, international examinations demonstrating preparation for doctoral study (e.g., GRE);
- Any other documents which demonstrate the candidates’ skills related to International Studies;
- Reference letters (maximum 2), to be uploaded on line by the referee.