The University of Agder is seeking high-performing aspirants to participate in the PhD Research Fellowships in ICT in Norway. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2022/2023.
This position is affiliated with the Department of Information and Communication Technology/ Centre for Integrated Emergency Management (CIEM) at UiA, and it is supported by the department for Risk, Safety and Security at Institute for Energy Technology (IFE). It is expected that the PhD candidate will spend periods at IFE in Halden.
Great offer for students in the Norway.
User Review( votes)
Agder University College is a public university with campuses in Kristiansand and Grimstad, Norway. UiA seeks to be an open and inclusive university characterized by a collaborative culture. Knowledge is successfully co-created when staff, students and the larger community challenge each other at Agder.
Why study at the Agder University? The University of Agder is ranked 1266 in Best Global Universities. The UiA is a vibrant university with highly prepared teachers, amazing facilities and an excellent student environment. It has several priority research centers in coastal ecology, eHealth, mathematics, artificial intelligence, and nutrition, among others. Furthermore, the School of Business and Law in UiA is internationally accredited by the AACSB, one of only two business schools in Norway.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 30 June 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Agder
- Department: Department of Information and Communication Technology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary (NOK 501 200 )
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Norway
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD Research in ICT and Computational Sciences, Control Systems Engineering, Cyber Security, Programming Languages.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Simulation and modeling for industrial systems.
- Systems safety and security engineering.
- Technical expertise in the following areas:
- Background in ICT systems’ security
- Strong programming skills, especially in Python, MATLAB, and C/C++.
- Experience in cyber incident management (i.e., SoC ops, C2C).
- Experience in operational technology, e.g., SCADA systems, autonomous systems.
- Experience in machine learning/artificial intelligence methods.
- Experience in automation of scenario-based training exercises.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application and any necessary information about education and experience (including diplomas and certificates) are to be sent electronically. Use the link “Apply for this job“.
- Supporting Documents: The following documentation must be uploaded electronically:
- Motivation letter.
- Complete post-secondary transcript of all academic degrees. A description should also be attached when attaching a non-Norwegian academic transcript that does not include a description of the grading system used by the issuing institution. The description may contain a link to an official website explaining the grading system.
- Updated CV with a complete list of scientific publications
- Master thesis or link
- Up to 5 representative publications or links
- A description of the applicant’s research interests, the relevance of your expertise to the advertised position, and a preliminary work plan
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a master’s degree in cyber security, computer and control systems engineering, ICT, computer science or a similar/related field. Candidates in the closing stages of their master’s degree can also apply.
- Language Requirement:
- International candidates that are not exempt from the English language requirements pursuant to the guidelines of the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT) must document this through one of the following tests with the stated results or better:
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language with a minimum score of 600 for the Paper-based Test (PBT), or 92 for the Internet-based Test (iBT)
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System, with the result of 6.5
The university will provide all the following benefits:
- Training to publish in the top journals and conferences in the covered areas.
- Professional development in a large, exciting and socially influential organization
- A positive, inclusive and diverse working environment
- Modern facilities and a comprehensive set of welfare offers
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund