Applications are open to apply for the one full-time doctoral researcher in the field of environment and sustainable development. The program is funded by the Institute for European Studies (IES), a Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence at the Vrije Universities Brussel.
Prospective Ph.D. candidates from EU countries and all around the world are eligible for this grant. Applicants must have a focus on the international and European governance of the climate and energy transition as its overarching theme.
Nice opportunity for candidates
User Review( votes)
The Institute for European Studies is an academic Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence that focuses on the European Union in an international setting. It gives research opportunities in various disciplines and provides services to policy-makers, scholars, stakeholders and the general public.
Why should apply to this program? While applying to this program students can get a job to join a community organization as a volunteer. They can their own business or start to look for their first job. It gives equal opportunities for all and doesn’t discriminate on gender, social or ethnic background.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2021
- Eligible Countries: EU and international aspirants can apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Ph.D. in the field of environment and sustainable development.
- Admissible Criteria: The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in political science or law with excellent study results, have a good understanding of European governance in general and in relevant sub-fields in particular, as well as a strong interest in their analysis, be able to work harmoniously in a multicultural environment, knowledge of the empirical field of study is an asset, knowledge of additional languages is an asset. Female candidates are also eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- How to apply: For being admitted to this program, claimants are recommended to take admission in the D. degree course at the university. After taking the affirmation, students can download and complete the award application form. The form should be sent into a single PDF file by e-mail to [email protected] with all the supporting documents.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to send a one-page motivation letter explaining the candidate’s interest in pursuing a Ph.D. on the chosen topic, curriculum vitae, relevant research experience, and previous publications, a project proposal featuring a literature review, a research question, and proposed hypotheses, a methodological outline and an indicative planning, condensed into no more than 3,000 words, a copy of the highest diploma obtained and transcript of academic grades, the contact details of at least two references and a copy of a publication.
- Admission Requirements: For gaining admission in Ph.D. degree, aspirants required to have a master’s degree and bachelor degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English, they need to provide proof of their written and spoken English Language.
The university gives remuneration is at the level of a full-time research assistant at any Flemish university depending on personal situation and includes contributions for social security.