Queensland University of Technology (QUT) offers two PhD Scholarships – How do healthy people sleep? Biomechanics, physiology, and environment – what matters the most? This program is available for the academic year of 2023.
UQ is opening this opportunity to encourage international students to pursue a PhD degree program to complete a Doctor of Philosophy in Australia. The successful applicant will receive a stipend scholarship of $32,500 per annum for a maximum of 3.5 years while undertaking a QUT PhD.
Excellent offer for international students to study in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The Queensland University of Technology was based in 1989 as a general research institute in Australia. In 1990, the Brisbane College of Advanced Education merged with QUT. In Brisbane’s urban coastal city, QUT focuses on research and learning. It is classified as #222 in QS World University Rankings 2023
Why study at the Queensland University of Technology? QUT is devoted to supplying real-world learning incidents and research resolutions across diverse fields, and its courses are in increased need. The university focuses extensively on teaching excellence and equips students with other national teaching honors. Students will be contested and inspired during their studies at this institute.
Application Deadline: 24 February 2023
- University or Organization: Queensland University of Technology
- Department: Engineering
- Course Level: Research and PhD
- Award: $32,500 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a Research and PhD degree in Engineering, any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must meet QUT academic and English language entry requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy (IF49).
- They commit to full-time, internal enrolment.
- They can commence by 1st July 2023.
- The ideal applicants will hold either:
- An Honours degree in medical engineering, an honors degree in mechanical engineering, or a degree in human movement or biomechanics with strong computer science and programming experience.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the grant, candidates must apply for a Research and PhD degree program at QUT University. After that, the EOI will be reviewed, and successful applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit the following documents at the University: a CV, a two-page research proposal addressing the scholarship topic, a writing sample, and contact details for two academic referees.
- Admission Requirements: To take admission, students must meet the entry requirements of their chosen program at the university
- Language Requirement: Students must verify their English proficiency by completing their English proficiency requirements.
Two PhD scholarships are available to undertake research within the newly established QUT-Sealy Centre for Biomechanics and Sleep Research.
- The successful applicant will receive a stipend scholarship of $32,500 per annum for a maximum of 3.5 years while undertaking a QUT PhD.
- This is the full-time, tax-free rate that will index annually.
- The duration includes an extension of up to 6 months (PhD) if approved for your candidature.