The University of Newcastle is welcoming students for its PhD Scholarship in the field of Astrophysics of high-mass star-formation. The scholarships are available for Australian and international students.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide an opportunity to analyze data from the Radio Ammonia Mid-Plane Survey (RAMPS), the Millimetre Astronomy Legacy Team 90 Gigahertz Survey (MALT90), and the new Complete ATCA Census of High-Mass Clumps (CACHMC).
An excellent opportunity for pursuing higher studies in Australia
User Review( votes)
The University of Newcastle is an Australian public. It has a primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales. The university also operates campuses in Ourimbah, Port Macquarie, Singapore, Newcastle CBD, and Sydney CBD.
University or Organization: The University of Newcastle
Course Level: Ph.D. program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Australian and international students
The program can be taken in Australia
Application Deadline: Closed
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Domestic and international students with experience with astronomy, especially radio astronomy, is desirable.
- The scholarship is awarded in the field of Astrophysics of high-mass star-formation.
- Australian and international students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply via post:
- Supporting Documents: Send an application letter and resume to Juliane Turner.If you have any questions about your application, please contact Juliane Turner (Juliane.Turner-at-newcastle.edu.au).
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
The scholarship will cover the following:
- Benefits include a stipend of $26,682 (2017 rate, indexed in January each year).
- There is also a laptop at the commencement of Ph.D. plus an additional establishment allowance of $1500, a thesis allowance of $500, and the potential for an additional APA Top Up of $3500.