Curtin University is offering PhD Scholarship in Epidemiology for the academic year 2017-18. The research will be conducted under the supervision of Dr Gavin Pereira, School of Public Health in collaboration with the Telethon Kids Institute.
Curtin University provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
Amazing opportunity for candidates.
User Review( votes)
Curtin’s mission is to change minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation and excellence in teaching and research. Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest university. Around 40,000 students attend a total of 16 Curtin locations, including campuses in Sydney, Singapore and East Malaysia.
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Epidemiology.
- Scholarship Award: The successful candidate shall receive a tax-free stipend of $26,288 per year which will be indexed annually for the duration of the award. The University will also provide the student with research funding, which includes $2,500 one-off payment and $1,400 per year to support the cost of research and travel. Additional funding to support the student’s research will be provided by national grants held by the supervisors. Because the scholarship includes tuition, awardees are not charged the tuition fee for the duration of the award. The duration of the award shall be for 3 years.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- Honours (1st class), or, Master degree by Research, or Master degree with >25% research component with high academic performance
- Applications are invited from those with a degree in statistics or biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, or from a quantitative/data science.
- Applicants should have a strong background in biostatistics or epidemiology
- Applicants with experience with statistical software, particularly R, are encouraged to apply.
Nationality: Australian and international students can apply for this PhD scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested applicants please email an expression of interest including the following documents: a letter expressing interest in the position, Current CV, and academic transcripts. Submitting a short sample of academic writing
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have honours (1st class), or, Master degree by Research, or Master degree with >25% research component with high academic performance
- English Language Requirement: Applicant has reached an appropriate level of proficiency in the English language to complete research. Applicants who do not presently meet the level of English language proficiency to their higher degree course may wish to consider the English Language Bridging (ELB) course run by Curtin English.
Application Deadline: Closed