RMIT University is pleased to announce the PhD Scholarship in Computational Soft Condensed Matter Physics for the high achieving candidates in Australia.
The program is open for both Australian and international students, who want to study a PhD degree coursework for the academic year 2022/2023.
Excellent opportunity to study a PhD degree in Australia
User Review( votes)
RMIT University is a global research university based in Melbourne, Victoria. It has an enrolment of around 87,000 higher and vocational education students and aims to provide the best academic skills to succeed in their chosen career.
Why study at RMIT University? By attending this university, students will acquire an excellent learning environment based on internships, placements and graduate schemes can help make you better prepared for life after graduation.
Application Deadline: Applications are now open
- University or Organization: RMIT University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Awards: Up to $5000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Australian or international students
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Computational Soft Condensed Matter Physics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have a first-class Honours Degree (or equivalent Masters by Research) in physics, applied mathematics, chemistry, engineering or a related discipline.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or a self-funded international student.
- be capable of and interested in using theoretical and computational methods to solve soft condensed matter problems
- preferably possess strong background knowledge in thermal and statistical physics
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being a part of this program, claimants are required to be registered as a PhD degree student at the university. After taking confirmation, seekers need to contact Professor Peter Daivis.
- Supporting Documents: Copy of your passport if available English translations of all documents, syllabus (if applying for credit), resume or curriculum vitae (CV), personal statement, references from employers, Letter from scholarship provider, research proposal with two research supervisors names and list of prior research publications for Master by research and PhD program applications must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must have a grade academic achievement of 70% or higher and a high distinction is 80% or higher.
- Language Requirement: International applicants who have completed studies overseas are required to provide current evidence of English language proficiency through one of the following: an accepted English language proficiency test, an accepted English language provider and a recognised qualification
Benefits: The university will provide the award amount of $5000 per year for 3 years.