The Biosensors and Biotechnology Laboratory of Universiti Brunei Darussalam is seeking motivated international applicants to apply for PhD Scholarship in DNA Sensor/Point of Care Device.
This award is open for those students who want to take part in one of these following areas utilizing the advantage of Nanotechnology (nanobiotechnology) and isothermal DNA amplification and for the broad application in Food, water and clinical diagnostics DNA Chip and Nucleic Acid Sensors, or DNA based Low-Cost Point of Care Device.
A nice choice for international students.
User Review( vote)
Established in 1985, Universiti Brunei Darussalam is the first research university that offers undergraduate and graduates studies programs. There are nine academic faculties and seven research institutes.
Why at Universiti Brunei Darussalam? It provides opportunities to gain practical workplace experience and valuable industry connections for the students. It also provides student’s greater flexibility in tailoring studies to the individual student’s learning style.
Application Deadline: December 30, 2019
- University: Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 1500.00 BND/month
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Brunei
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold Master’s degree or equivalent from a reputable university and MUST provide evidence of English proficiency
- A background (B.Sc and M.Sc) in any of the following areas:
- Biotechnology and/or Chemical Biology, Bioanalytical Chemistry, Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, Biomaterials Sciences and Biomedical engineering.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates are requested to contact immediately to Dr Minhaz Ahmed, Email: [email protected] for the application process.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the previous transcripts such as CV, a copy of passport at the university.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must provide evidence of English proficiency (IELTS 6.5 or higher) on or before the application process.
The winners will receive allowances (1500.00 BND/month), free tuition and accommodation, and return travel allowances from their home country.