The new Centre for Hardware Security at TalTech is offering several fully-funded PhD positions for motivated PhD students with a strong background in circuit design.
This is a 4 years position designed for those outstanding aspirants who wish to undertake PhD degree at the university in Estonia for the session 2020/21.
Nice offer to pursue a PhD degree program in Estonia.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1918, Tallinn University of Technology is a technical university that offers more than 30 fully accredited international degree programmes in English. TalTech’s mission is to be a promoter of science, technology, and innovation and a leading provider of engineering and economic education in Estonia.
Why at Tallinn University of Technology? The university provides a personalized learning approach in a supportive environment allows their students to communicate easily with academic staff and other students. Here, you will hone your analytical skills, teamwork and communication skills.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
- University: Tallinn University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Several
- The award can be taken in Estonia
- Eligible Countries: If want to know about nationality contact to Prof. Samuel Pagliarini
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria: Master’s degree is mandatory for these positions. Previous expertise on Hardware Security is not required but is desirable.
- The candidates are expected to have the following core skills:
- Ability to describe digital circuitry (preferably in Verilog)
- Ability to write C++/python scripts for building small EDA tools
- Familiarity w/ Cadence tools for IC design (Genus, Innovus, Virtuoso, etc.)
- Strong writing skills (English) that are compatible with doctoral-level requirements, i.e., writing academic papers and articles.
- Other skills are considered a plus:
- Hands-on experience with tapeouts of digital ICS
- In-depth understanding of hardware/software boundaries and security implications
- In-depth understanding of crypto algorithms and their hardware implementations
- Publication(s) in topics related to IC design and security
- Previous research in fault-resilience, reliability, and/or verification topics
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply, applicants need to take admission in PhD at the university. Applicants should know about application form please contact to Prof. Samuel Pagliarini
- Supporting Documents: Please submit your CV and transcripts to Prof. Samuel Pagliarini by email ([email protected]) using the subject ‘PhD in Hardware Security’.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have a previous year degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The successful candidates are offered salaries that are competitive for European PhD scholarships standards.