The University of Exeter is delighted to announce the PhD Scholarship in Metamaterials for the best and brilliant candidates in the UK.
The educational award is activated for both UK & EU students who have a plan to take part in PhD degree coursework for the academic year 2020/21.
A nice choice for the UK & EU students.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1955, the University of Exeter offers study opportunities at undergraduate, masters and research level in a wide range of subjects across science, humanities and social sciences.
Why at the University of Exeter? While studying at this university, students have many options to gain career management skills and the possibility of work placements.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
- University: University of Exeter
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £105,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: UK & EU Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: The studentship is available UK/EU and international students.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD support will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (minimum 2:1);
- Vision and motivation (for research & professional development);
- Evidence of the ability to work collaboratively and to engage in a diverse community;
- Evidence of excellent written and oral skills in English
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply online using this application portal, where you will be able to submit your research proposal.
- Supporting Documents: Degree transcript(s), CV, a cover letter, a Personal Statement consisting of two parts:
- Describe a) why you would like to study for a PhD, b) why you would like to focus on this particular topic, c) any relevant expertise and d) your future career ambitions;
- Describe the qualities that you believe will make you a great researcher (in particular as part of a team).
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission at the university, applicants are required to meet the entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language you will need to have achieved at least 6.0 IELTS and no less than 6.0 in any section by the start of the project.
The university will provide scholarship value around £105,000, which includes £13,000 towards the research project (travel, consumables, equipment etc.), tuition fees, and an annual, tax-free stipend of approximately £16,500 per year for UK/EU students.