Applications are invited for PhD scholarship in Statistical Sciences at the University of Padova in Italy. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The early-stage researcher (ESR) recipient of the scholarship will be hired by INFN and enrolled in the three-year PhD program offered by the Department of Statistical Sciences of the University of Padova.
The University of Padova strongly prioritizes third level education and has been recently enhancing the support for research training, with the aim of always pursuing the highest standards.
In order to apply for the University of Padova, students must provide certificates to prove their language competences in Italian and/or English.
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in Statistical Sciences at the University of Padova.
- Scholarship Award: The gross scholarship amounts to euro 3,318.37/month; in addition to it, a gross mobility allowance of euro 600.00/month is provided for, as well as a gross family allowance of euro 500.00/month if applicable. The cost of enrolment in the Ph. D. School and of the doctoral courses, as well as all expenses related to travel to schools, workshops, and network-organized events and internships will be sustained by the network.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Candidates should have an at least for university education degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or related fields, formally enabling them to embark on a doctorate program in the country where the degree was obtained; in any case, they should possess a strong background in Mathematics, Statistics and Statistical Learning. Additional favourable traits include good computing skills and an interest in the application of statistical methods to fundamental research. The application of females is encouraged as INSIGHTS applies affirmative-action measures to ensure gender neutrality in the recruitment process.
In addition to the above, at the time of recruitment by INFN eligible candidates must NOT have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Italy for more than 12 months in the three years immediately preceding the recruitment date (short stays such as holidays are not taken into account). Eligible candidates must NOT have been awarded a doctoral degree and also be, at the time of recruitment, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers. This is measured from the date when they obtained the degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in Italy.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications shall be sent by e-mail to the address [email protected] until the deadline, set to April 15th, 2018 at 5PM CET. Eligible applications shall be entirely written in English, and have as e-mail subject the text “INSIGHTS application -” followed by last name and first name of the applicant; in case of memory limitations, applicants may send the material in more than one e-mail by adding to the subject a proper numbering (“part 1”, “part 2”, etc.). E.g., “INSIGHTS application – Doe, John (part 1)” for the first e-mail, and “INSIGHTS application – Doe, John (Part 2)” for the second.
The e-mail(s) shall include as attachments: –
- A properly filled application form, which can be downloaded at this link.
- An exhaustive curriculum vitae;
- Scans of the original certificates for all titles (university degree, scholarships, etc.) claimed by the applicant in the application form;
- A readable passport scan.
Applications will be considered valid if at least one and no more than two reference letters supporting the applicant are received before the above deadline by the already mentioned e-mail address. The subject of e-mails containing reference letters should be of the form “Reference letter for INSIGHTS application of” followed by the candidate’s last and first name.