Highly motivated individuals are invited to submit their applications for a PhD scholarship in water resources at the United Arab Emirates University. The research topic is related to contaminants bioremediation in groundwater.
The University’s mission includes the preparation of graduates for future leadership and one of their goals is to prepare graduates to be pioneers in their areas of specialization.
User Review( votes)
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is the first and foremost comprehensive national university in the United Arab Emirates. UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science.
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is tenable in the field of water resources.
List of Subjects: Water Resources
- Scholarship Award: The monthly stipend will be 6,000 AED (about US$ 1,650) for three years with the possibility of a fourth-year extension. The package also includes tuition fees, housing allowance and medical insurance.
- Scholarship can be taken at UAE
- The minimum requirements for admission to the PhD program are:
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, in an area appropriate to the academic area to which application is being made.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in the Master’s degree earned at an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- A score of 6.5 or higher on the IELTS Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines in which the main language of instruction is English or the dissertation, must be written in English. This test score must be less than two years old at the time of application.
- A minimum IELTS score of 5.0 or equivalent is required for admission into an offering of the PhD Program whose language of instruction is Arabic.
- Individual Colleges may set additional and/or higher standards for admission to the PhD Program in the Department/College.
Nationality: Emirati and international applicants can apply for this PhD scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Apply online, using the online application mode.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have an M.Sc. Degree in Water Resources or any other related field from a university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent and a score of 6.5 or higher on the IELTS Academic Exam or equivalent.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants require a score of 6.5 or higher on the IELTS Academic Exam or equivalent.
Application Deadline: Closed