The University of Queensland is pleased to offer PhD Scholarships in Biomimetics to study in Australia. Domestic (i.e. Australian and New Zealand), as well as international students, are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The aim of this application to build their employability through access to career mentoring, and opportunities to engage with industry.
User Review( votes)
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. The University strives for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. UQ ranks in the top 50 as measured by the Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities.
Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue Ph.D. program.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of biomimetics.
Award: The base stipend will be at the rate of AUD $26,682 per annum (2017 rate) tax-free for three years with the possibility of a twelve-month extension in approved circumstances.
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
A PhD is about learning new skills, how to do research, and becoming an independent researcher. We recognize that students will come to us from different backgrounds in order to learn these new skills and we welcome interest from domestic (i.e. Australian and New Zealand) students and international students.
Applicants will meet the requirements of admission to a Research Higher Degree at UQ, as described at https://graduate-school.uq.edu.au/uq-research-degrees. This includes evidence of one of the following with a background in organic, materials, polymer or biochemistry or cell biology:
- A bachelor’s degree with honors class IIA or better from approved universities, which should include a relevant research component.
- A research master’s degree.
- A coursework master’s degree and an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which should include a relevant research component.
- A postgraduate degree of at least one year full-time equivalent with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.0 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honors IIA will be considered for Ph.D. entry on a case by case basis.
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications.
- English language proficiency requirements apply.Mandatory requirements for international applicants:
- Excellent academic performance evidenced by a high-Grade Point Average (GPA); and
- International applicants must meet the University of Queensland’s English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements.
Previous publication activity and experience with studying abroad will be well regarded.
Nationality: Domestic ( i.e. Australian and New Zealand), as well as international students, are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with honors class IIA or better from approved universities, which should include a relevant research component.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the universities’ English Language Requirements.
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a motivation letter (max. 1 page), CV including the list of publications (max. 2 pages), summary of past accomplishments (max. 2 pages), and two detailed letters of reference (including one from the supervisor of your research thesis). These should be attached to your application as a single PDF document. Only complete applications will be taken into account.
Application Deadline: application deadline is February 28, 2018.