The DTU Fotonik is now accepting applications for PhD scholarships for students from Denmark. Candidates are invited to apply for a specific project from the list below or to submit individual project proposals.
The DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for the following PhD projects:
- PhD position in Biophotonics Systems for in vivo Neuroscience
- PhD position in Time-Sensitive Communication and Applications
- PhD scholarship in Single-Photon Emitters in 2D Materials
- PhD position in Imaging Systems for Simultaneous Two- and Three-Photon Microscopy
- PhD scholarship in High-Power Femtosecond Fiber Laser for Science and Applications
- PhD position in Wavelength Dependent Speckle Dynamics: Speckle based Wavemeter
- PhD scholarship in Tunable Water-Based Microwave Circuitry and Sensing
- PhD position in Advanced Control of Future Communication
- Individual PhD research projects
Scholarship Award: The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD degree students.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates should have a master’s in engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering.
- The scholarships for the PhD degree are subject to academic approval, and the candidates will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes of DTU. Information about the general requirements for enrolment and the general planning of the scholarship studies is included in the general rules of DTU, further information sees the homepage of DTU: PhD programme – DTU.
Nationality: Applicants from Denmark are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Candidates should have a master’s in engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering.
English Language Requirements: A good communication skill in written and spoken English is a must.
How to Apply: All applications must be received no later than 1 October 2017. Apply online at www.career.dtu.dk. Please go to each project and open the link below “Apply online”.
Your application must include the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Project description
- A letter motivating the application
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Conversion of grade average to Danish grades (please use a spreadsheet).
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is October 1, 2017.