With the motive of rewarding students’ talent in Ireland, the University of Limerick is providing the PhD Scholarships in Applying Software Defined Networking to Substation Automation Systems (SAS)/Smart Grid SystemsPu.
In this PhD programme, students will explore the challenges and opportunities in applying SDN to SAS, with the aim of improving SAS fault tolerance and network resilience in the face of a cybersecurity attack.
Amazing opportunity for students to get financial assistance in Ireland.
User Review( votes)
The University of Limerick is a university in Ireland that ranks 501st in Times Higher Education’s list of the best schools in the world (2021). UL wants to be a unique, pioneering, and connected university that shapes the future by teaching and empowering people to deal with the real problems of today and the future.
Why study at the University of Limerick? UL is very popular with employers, so graduates at UL always have a better job rate than the national average. Students are also given a wide range of support services, from student personnel services to specific learning support units, to help them.
Application Deadline: Applications are open for the academic year 2022-2023.
- University or Organization: University of Limerick
- Department: Science and Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €5,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: EU
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Science and Engineering
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be EU citizens.
- Good knowledge of/Interest in SDN would be of benefit.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the award, students are required to enroll in the PhD degree programme. After that, you can contact Dr. Tom Newe, email: [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: Submit your CV to [email protected] including details of at least two referees. Shortlisted applicants may be invited to interview. On receiving an offer, the successful applicant will be required to submit supporting documentation
- Admission Requirements: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s (BE/BSc) or a Master’s (ME/MSc) Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related numerate/STEM discipline.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have to submit certificates of English language competency.
EU applicants will receive a full award paying fees and maintenance at standard rates. The stipend rates for studentships are €5,500 EU fees, stipend €18,500 per annum. Travel and equipment costs are also included.