Remove the economic hurdles that stand on your way of education. Apply for the PhD Scholarships in Investing Pim Kinase, A Novel Anti-Thrombotic Endothelium Targeting Strategy at Manchester Metropolitan University and support your studies in the UK.
The aim of this study is to elucidate the fundamental role of Pim kinase, a novel anti-thrombotic target, in regulating endothelial cell function and assess the ability of Pim kinase inhibitors to preserve the anti-inflammatory and antithrombotic properties of endothelial cells.
Wonderful opportunity for applicants in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Manchester Metropolitan University is a public university ranked as one of the best in the world by the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings. Its main goal is to help students become highly employable, socially and environmentally responsible professionals.
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University? At Manchester Metropolitan University, students get excellent teaching and research through courses approved by key industry bodies. This helps them become highly employable and responsible professionals. The students get a lot of help from their expert teaching team, which is made up of passionate experts committed to their education. It works closely with industry leaders to ensure the students get the practical, work-related skills and knowledge they need to move forward in their lives.
Application Deadline: The last date to apply for the scholarship is July 12, 2022.
- University or Organization: Manchester Metropolitan University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Investing Pim kinase, a novel anti-thrombotic endothelium targeting strategy.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants should have a strong background in Cellular and Molecular Biology and, ideally, a background and interest in cardiovascular biology and thrombosis. Experience in cell culture, gene expression and fluorescence microscopy are advantageous. They should commit to translational science research.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested applicants should contact Dr Amanda Unsworth for an informal discussion. To apply, you will need to complete the online application form for PhD Biological Sciences Full-Time (or download the PGR application form). You should also complete the PGR thesis proposal (supplementary information) form addressing the project’s aims and objectives, demonstrating how the skills you have a map to the area of research and why you see this area as being of importance and interest.
- Supporting Documents: Students must upload their statement in the supporting documents section or email the application form and statement to [email protected]
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold or expect to obtain at least an Upper Second Class Honours Degree in Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry, Biology, or another relevant subject.
- Language Requirement: Students must be known the English language.
Scholars will receive a Fully-funded PhD (home fees) stipend paid at the UKRI rate (2022/23 rate £16,062). This opportunity is open to Home students only due to the funding sources. Successful applicants will start in October 2022.