Job Description: The International Max Planck Research School for Science and Technology of Nanostructures is intended for young scientists and researchers who wish to obtain their doctorate degree. The research students work on experimental or theoretical projects in the interdisciplinary field of nanostructures and their properties. They will be provided with additional training in form of lectures, workshops and soft skill courses. The language of the Research School is English.
Requirements: Applicants are expected to hold a Diploma or Master degree from a German University or an equivalent foreign degree in physics, chemistry, material sciences, engineering sciences or in a similar field.
If you do not hold the degree yet, it is still possible to hand in your application as long as you are sure that it will be conferred to you before the start of the classes.
A good command of the English language is mandatory. Please provide a standard English test with your application (TOEFL or similar).
The Research School is a joint initiative of the Martin-Luther-University, the Fraunhofer Institute for Mechanics of Materials, and the Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics in Halle.
User Review( votes)
The Max Planck Society is an equal opportunity employer and encourages disabled individuals to apply. It also aims at increasing the number of female staff in areas where they are underrepresented, and therefore encourages women to apply.
The next full call for applications will be published in June 14th, 2010 for classes starting in April 2011. Applications should be submitted before July 5th, 2010.
What we offer
* Excellent research conditions.
* A lecture program designed to support your research project and to give you a good insight into the field of nanostructures.
* Living in a medium-sized town: Big enough to find all kinds of recreational activities, small enough not to get lost in it.
* Help with immigration, housing or any other personal matters.
* German language courses.
What we expect
* A basic knowledge of nanoscale phenomena.
* Dedication towards your research project.
* The willingness to work in an international team and to meet new people from all over the world.
* A good command of the English language.
* To work hard.
Contact address: Dr. Ksenia Boldyreva, [email protected], Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Weinberg 2, 06120 Halle, Germany.