AGH University of Science and Technology is pleased to announce the PhD Stipend in Experimental Mineralogy / REE Geochemistry. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2020/2023.
This educational programme aims to support high-potential candidates who want to undertake a PhD degree in the Faculty of Geology, Geophysics and Environmental Protection.
Nice offer for students
User Review( votes)
AGH University of Science and Technology is one of the top public universities in Krakow, Poland. AGH Doctoral School prepares its students for obtaining a doctoral degree in 16 disciplines. Doctoral students pursue their scientific interests based on personally developed research and study plans.
Why study at AGH University of Science and Technology? This university is a creative place with a unique atmosphere for students. The mission of our university is up-to-date education of engineers who specialise in many branches of technology (offering around 70 fields of study).
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted until August 5th, 2022.
- University or Organization: AGH University of Science and Technology
- Department: Faculty of Geology, Geophysics and Environmental Protection
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: PLN 5,000 (gross amount)
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Local Students
- The award can be taken in Poland
- Eligible Countries: Poland
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Experimental Mineralogy / REE Geochemistry
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicant is currently completing a master’s degree or has completed a master’s degree in the field of Earth sciences or related,
- The applicant shows very good spoken and written English,
- The applicant has a very good knowledge of mineralogy and geochemistry, including mineral-water interactions,
- The applicant shows readiness to complete a foreign internship (5 months) related to the implemented project,
- The applicant has a strong motivation for scientific work, demonstrates a commitment to the implementation of planned research, is creative in solving problems, independent but team-oriented, reliable, and responsible,
- The applicant shows experience in experimental work and experiment planning,
- Research experience will be an additional advantage (participation in scientific activities, conferences, publications, awards, scholarships, etc.).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this position, applicants must take admission in a PhD degree program at the university. After that, they can submit the application via email to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: The following documents are to be submitted upon enrolment:
- A cover letter (a letter of motivation),
- CV highlighting the qualifications towards the experimental research,
- Copies of certificates (language certificates, training, awards) and co-authored publications,
- Copies of diplomas (degrees) with diploma supplements if any,
- One letter of recommendation commenting, among others, on the required skills, sent directly to the head of the Evaluation Committee (by mail): prof. Maciej Manecki, [email protected].
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must check all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: In order to undertake studies in foreign languages, it is required to submit a document confirming the candidate’s level of competency in the programme language of instruction, unless it is verified during the interview.
- Cambridge B2 First (grade C or higher);
- Cambridge C1 Advanced;
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency;
- IELTS Academic (at least 5.5 points);
- TOEFL (at least: iBT: 72 points, ITP: 543 points, CBT: 180 points);
- Higher education diploma in the field of English Philology (English Studies);
- Higher education diploma, if the language of instruction was English;
- IB diploma;
- EB certificate;
- Citizenship of a country in which English is the official language.
AGH University of Science and Technology will provide a stipend worth of PLN 5,000 (gross amount) for the first two years, then PLN 6,000 (gross amounts) for the last two years (after mid-term evaluation of PhD students at the AGH Doctoral School).