Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) is pleased to launch the Industry RD&I Fellowships programme which seeks to support academia-industry interactions in order to address industry-informed challenges.
Awards under this programme can be made to academic researchers (at faculty and postdoctoral level) wishing to spend time in the industry worldwide through the temporary placement of academic researchers with an industry partner.
An amazing chance for applicants in Ireland.
User Review( votes)
Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) is the national foundation for investment in scientific and engineering research. The Foundation also promotes and supports STEM education and engagement, and creates awareness and understanding of the value of STEM to society and to the growth of the economy. Through focused investment in excellent and impactful scientific research and talented researchers, Science Foundation Ireland ensures that Ireland leads the world in strategic research areas, has globally recognized SFI Research Centres, and is a hub for industry/academic research collaborations.
Application Deadline: Submission deadline (Call B) 13:00 (Dublin local time) on 19 October 2022.
- University or Organization: Science Foundation Ireland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Fellowship
- Award: €100,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- ?Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply to this funding call.
- The Research Body is the body responsible for the overall financial and administrative coordination of research programmes supported by research grants from SFI. A list of eligible Research Bodies is available on the SFI website.
- A permanent member of the academic staff (“Faculty researcher”) of an eligible Irish Research Body.
- A former or current contract postdoctoral researcher in an eligible Irish Research Body.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All proposals are to be submitted via?SESAME, SFI’s online grants, and awards management system.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents must be created outside SESAME and uploaded onto the system as PDF documents:
- Proposal (max. 6 pages).
- Applicant CV (max. 5 pages).
- Industry Mentor CV (max. 5 pages).
- References List (max. 1 page).
- Conflict of Interest Statement (max. 2 pages).
- Letters of Support (max. 2 pages each).
- If relevant, Academic Collaborator CV (max. 2 pages). The following documents must be confidentially provided by the industry partner to SFI directly by email to [email protected] from the industry partner mentor or designated representative.
- Admission Requirements: The holder of a PhD degree awarded by an eligible Irish Research Body.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have to be proficient in written and spoken English language.
SFI funding rate will vary from 25% to a maximum of 80% of total project costs depending on the size of the industry partner company and the category of research being undertaken, with the industry partner contributing the remainder of the project costs. The maximum SFI contribution to the Fellowship costs is €100,000 direct costs.