Empa is accepting applications for the PhD Positions in Cementitious Construction Materials for the academic session 2022/2023 in Switzerland.
The grant is available to international students applying for a PhD degree programme at the Empa. The main objectives of PhD A include exploring the hydration mechanism through experiments and thermodynamic modeling and studying mechanical properties, volume changes, and durability for a range of mortar and concrete mixtures based on these binders.
Nice chance to get financial assistance in the Switzerland.
User Review( votes)
The Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology is an interdisciplinary research institute for applied materials sciences and technology. Foundation in 1880, it concentrated on classical materials testing. As part of the Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology Domain, it is an institution of the Swiss federation. Empa also supports the Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology in Zurich and Lausanne, supports teaching in universities and universities of applied sciences (UAS), and organizes scientific conferences and advanced training courses through the Empa-Akademie.
Why study at the Empa? Empa aims to develop solutions for industry and society’s current energy, environment, mobility, health, and safety problems. Their vision is as simple as it is bold and ambitious. It is a beacon of sorts that shows us where they should be heading and what we should strive for. It is a gold standard for many, if not all, their activities.
Application Deadline: Applications are now open for the academic year 2022/2023.
- University or Organization: Empa
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in chemistry, Materials science, Earth sciences, Civil engineering, Materials chemistry, and Spectroscopy offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You have experience with X-ray diffraction analysis, thermogravimetry, scanning electron microscopy, vibration spectroscopy, and analysis of aqueous solutions and the knowledge of cement hydration as well as a strong background in materials science and good skills in the design and operation of experimental setups are an advantage.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the stipend, applicants must submit an online application form. Please contact Prof. Dr. Barbara Lothenbach at [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Application letter
- Certificate/ Reference
- Diplomas with transcripts,
- School Qualification
- Additional Documents
- Letter of motivation
- Contact details of two referees
- Admission Requirements: Students need to hold a master’s degree in chemistry, materials science, earth sciences, civil engineering
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have very good verbal and written knowledge of the English language.
The university will provide a salary to the selected candidate for the academic year 2022/2023 in Switzerland.