The University of Nottingham is providing an amazing opportunity to apply for the PhD Studentship for the academic year 2020/21.
The award is available for the UK or EU students who want to work on a research project in the described fields for three years at the university.
Worthy opportunity to pursue a PhD degree program for UK & EU students.
User Review( votes)
This project aims to investigate the efficiency of various innovative retrofitting solutions in alleviating the deficiencies of old substandard reinforced concrete members.
Why at the University of Nottingham? Here, students can customize their course according to their coursework to fit their academic goals. They always have the freedom to include ideas and opinions important to their area of academic interest.
Application Deadline: April 19, 2020
- University: University of Nottingham
- Department: Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,009
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: UK or EU students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to students from the UK or EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD support will be awarded in Retrofitting of substandard reinforced concrete members with innovative materials.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
Applicants should have, or expect to obtain, a 1st class or 2.1 honours degree (or international equivalent) in Civil Engineering. An MSc in Structural Engineering is required. Experience in structural engineering analysis software and laboratory testing would be advantageous.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the grant, applicants must need to take admission in PhD at the university. Thereafter, they should complete the application form and their application is sent directly to Dr Georgia Thermou email [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV with your up to date relevant experience.
- Admission Requirements: For qualifications from outside the UK, check out the information about entry requirements by country.
- Language Requirement: If you are an international student, you should also check the information about the English language requirements.
This project will include the payment of tuition fees as well as a stipend equivalent to RCUK rates (currently at £15,009 p.a. tax-free for 2019/20) awarded to the suitable candidate.