Overseas students are also encouraged to apply for the “PhD Studentship – Next generation of Erbium-doped optical fibres and amplifiers for telecommunication applications” offered by the University of Southampton.
The educational fund is open for bright and highly motivated students to join the PhD program at the university for the academic year 2020/21.
Wonderful opportunity to pursue PhD study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Southampton is a public research university located in Southampton, England. Southampton is a founding member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities in Britain.
Why at the University of Southampton? At this university, students will gain a broad range of technical and professional skills while having the opportunity to publish their work in high-impact journals.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
- University: University of Southampton
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Full tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Overseas participants are worthy for this opportunity.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Pursue PhD degree program will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- They must have a previous year degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must have a background in physics, material sciences, chemistry, or engineering
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, the applicants need to take admission to the university. After taking admission applicants must apply the online application form. To discuss any details of the project informally, please contact Professor Jayanta Sahu ([email protected]) or Professor David J. Richardson ([email protected]).
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the previous transcripts at the university.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must have a first or upper second-class degree or equivalent
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
This funding education will cover full tuition fees with a stipend of £18,000 tax-free per annum for up to 3.5 years.