Do you want financial help to complete your education? Then, the University of Limerick has just the opportunity for you. It has launched the PhD Studentships in Stable Lives Safer Streets Hub (SLSSHub) for Research in Youth Justice for the academic year 2022-2023.
The educational programme encourages EU students who want to pursue a PhD degree studies in the School of Law at the University of Limerick.
Nice offer for EU applicants in Ireland.
User Review( votes)
The University of Limerick is a young and independent higher education institution with 12,000 students consisting of more than 2,000 international students. It delivers lucrative undergraduate, postgraduate and postgraduate research programs in a variety of fields to choose from. The university is recognized to have particular strengths in the areas of Materials, Advanced Manufacturing, Software, Health, and Applied Mathematical Sciences.
Why study at the University of Limerick? UL offers a range of programmes up to doctorate and post-doctorate levels in the disciplines of Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Business, Education, Health Sciences, Science, and Engineering. The University of Limerick has four academic faculties.
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit their programme application before 17th August 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Limerick
- Department: School of Law
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €1,500 per year
- Number of Awards: Three
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: EU
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: EU countries
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate and postgraduate program in Youth Justice at the School of Law
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applications are sought from candidates who hold or are in the process of completing an undergraduate or master’s degree in social science, applied maths, computer science or cognate discipline with a 2.1 Honours degree or higher.
- Candidates should have good methodology skills, be highly motivated, with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Candidates should have strong inter-personal skills with an ability to engage with external stakeholders.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: There is no need for a separate application; students will automatically be considered after applying for an applicable program at the university. Dr Catherine Naughton, PI SLSSHub, REPPP, School of Law, University of Limerick Email: [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following supporting documents:
- 2-page Curriculum Vitae
- Short cover letter indicating your motivation and interest in one of the two projects (maximum one page)
- A writing sample of 2,000 words
- 2 Referees
- Please include SLSShub_PhD and your name in the subject line.
- Admission Requirements: Entry requirements vary from one course to another. Students have to go through this link to get detailed information in this regard.
- Language Requirement: The following are acceptable: IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5 with no lower than 6.0 in any one component; TOEFL with a minimum score of 90 or above in TOEFL IBT examination; PTE Academic with a minimum score of 63 (with no section score below 59).