The Spark M. Matsunaga Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution has announced the Philip Jacob Peace Memorial Awards for high-achieving candidates. This educational award is available for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship program aims to support students who want to undertake an undergraduate or graduate degree at the Institute.
Wonderful opportunity to get an amount of $500 in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The Spark M. Matsunaga Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution, usually known simply as the Matsunaga Institute, is a multi-disciplinary community of scholars, students, and practitioners who promote cross-cultural understanding and collaborative problem-solving through academic programs and outreach.
Why choose to study at the Spark M. Matsunaga Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution? The Matsunaga Institute emphasizes critical thinking and collaboration to groom leaders to address contemporary and complex issues in Hawaii, the Asia-Pacific region, and the world. It is committed to building on Hawaii’s cultural heritage and island values of aloha, mutual aid, and respect, a sense of community, and caring for the land.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 1 March 2023.
- University or Organization: Spark M. Matsunaga Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Department: College of Social Science
- Course Level: Undergraduate or graduate
- Award: $500
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: USA
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or Graduate program offered at the University
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have to enroll in the degree program at the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the program, students have to take admission in the undergraduate or graduate degree program at the Spark M. Matsunaga Institute.
- Supporting Documents: Submit the following:
- Unofficial transcript of academic record that can provide proof of current full-time enrollment as a graduate or undergraduate in the University of Hawai’i system and a cumulative 2.5 GPA;
- A one-page essay describing a completed, proposed, or current project or equivalent endeavor, which demonstrates a commitment to peacemaking leadership, peace studies, conflict resolution, or intercultural understanding; and
- Letter of recommendation from an instructor or peace advocate with whom you have been closely associated.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have to meet the entry requirements of the institute.
- Language Requirement: All international applicants must submit proof of English language proficiency.
Spark M. Matsunaga Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution will provide the award amount of $500 for applicants in the USA.