The University of Leeds is pleased to announce the POLIS Postgraduate Research Excellence Scholarship for the high calibre candidates in the United Kingdom.
This is a fully-funded PhD scholarship is open for UK and EU students who wish to apply for a PhD degree program in the School of Politics and International Studies.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1904, the University of Leeds is one of the largest higher education institutions in the UK with more than 39,000 students including 9,000 international students from over 170 different countries.
Why at the University of Leeds? At Leeds, candidates will learn the long-term consequences of economic policies and skills will help you to stand out in your field. These skills are surely important for you to achieve your career goals.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020
- University: University of Leeds
- Department: School of Politics and International Studies
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,009 per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: UK & EU
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for EU and UK students.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree. Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this application, you should first apply for a place on the PhD programme at Leeds University Business School. You should complete the online application form using the student ID number you received after submitting your PhD application.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must upload copies of qualifications or academic transcripts such as Research proposal, certified copies of qualification certificates, certified copies of academic transcripts and English Language certificate and two references.
- Admission Requirements: If you think you have met the minimum criteria for our PhD or MA by research programmes, you will need to entry requirement.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree. Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study.
The university will provide all the following benefits:
- Fees at the University of Leeds standard rate of fees. (Fees may arise during the course of your candidature: this will be by no more than the rate of inflation, calculated according to the Retail Price Index);
- A maintenance grant of £14,000 for 3 years (full-time), or £8,400 for 5 years (part-time).
- There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs.