The Politecnico di Torino offers scholarships to international students to attend academic programs in Engineering and Architecture. The event is open to all the Engineering students for the academic year 2019/2020.
There are two selection phases: Pre-Selection: Pre-selection is based on the student’s academic achievements, motivations, and CV and language skills. Assessment Centre: Students who pass the pre-selection phase are admitted to an Assessment Centre, organized by UNITECH in collaboration with the partner companies.
A great opportunity to study abroad with educational assistance.
User Review( votes)
Unitech is an International Mobility programme addressed to Engineering students interested in deepening their technical-scientific knowledge and at the same time developing managerial skills in an international context, by integrating a period of studies abroad with an internship in a multinational company. The programme is coordinated by the Unitech International Society, consisting of 9 technical universities and 20 companies.
- Application Deadline: Varies
- Course Level: The event is open to all the Engineering students.
- Nationality: International students.
- Number of Scholarships: A maximum of 10 candidates can be admitted to the UNITECH programme.
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden, Switzerland, France, UK, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Netherland and Spain
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from UNITECH Academic Partner universities are eligible to apply. POLIMI students of any nationality are eligible.
Entrance Requirements: Students are eligible to apply if they fulfil the following requirements:
a)A minimum weighted average score of 25/30.
In case of enrolment in the first year of a Laurea Magistrale course:
i) Candidates in possession of a Laurea degree from Politecnico di Milano or from other Italian Universities will be evaluated on the weighted average of Laurea exams.
ii) Candidates in possession of foreign qualifications will be assigned an average score based on the average mark obtained at their universities of origin calculated in 30ths.
b) Proficiency in English: good knowledge of both written and spoken English (Please refer to the requirements for admission to the Laurea Magistrale of the Politecnico di Milano and to the specific requirements of the potential host institutions)
c) Motivation to participate in the UNITECH programme.
d) Certificate of Proficiency in other foreign languages (depending on the specific requirements of the potential host institutions).
e) Not having already been admitted to other programmes such as Alta Scuola Politecnica, IDEA League Challenge Programme.
f) Any other specific requirement indicated by the potential host institutions on the UNITECH Programme 2018/2019 Handbook downloadable on the UNITECH website
g) All the applicants are invited to verify if they also are in line with the regulations of the Degree Programme they belong to by contacting the professor in charge of international mobility.
English Language Requirements: Students must have a good knowledge of English (written and spoken). Particular locations may require a specific TOEFL score, in order to verify your knowledge of English.
In addition to English, locations may also require students to know the local language. In the case of the internship, the company may require students to know the language spoken in the country in which the internship is to take place. The level of knowledge of the local language may vary from university to university: for example, in Zurich and Gothenburg, students can follow courses in English, while in Aachen, Barcelona or Paris, a sufficient knowledge of German, Spanish or French is required in order to follow lessons and conduct projects.
How to Apply: Documents:
- Application Questionaire Download- please use Chrome browser to fill in the form and print the document as pdf using the print button at the bottom of the questionnaire
- Passport-size photograph – JPG format, Max size: 300KB
- Updated CV – PDF format, Max size: 2 MB
- Transcript of records – PDF format, Max size: 2 MB
- optional: Additional certificates (languages, etc) – PDF format, Max size: 2 MB
- a) The selected candidates, upon admission to UNITECH, will benefit from a tuition fee waiver at the host institution during the academic exchange.
- b) The selected candidates, upon completion of the UNITECH programme and after having been awarded the Degree from Politecnico di Milano, will be awarded the UNITECH diploma.
- c) Selected students will receive a financial contribution from UNITECH International. The exact amount will be communicated directly by UNITECH International before the beginning of the educational activities. During the UNITECH internship, students may receive financial compensation, which should at least cover accommodation expenses. UNITECH will also cover part of the expenses during the Joint Modules.
- d) Students that do not regularly and effectively participate in the UNITECH educational activities will be excluded from UNITECH and consequently, all benefits will be cancelled. UNITECH International will request the student to reimburse the entire amount of the financial contribution received.