The University of Ghent Global campus is happy to invite applications for the PhD Position Program for highly inspired candidates in Belgium.
The educational award is designed to give for outstanding students who have a chance to study a PhD degree for the academic year 2020/21.
User Review( votes)
Ghent University is one of the major research universities in Belgium. This university was founded in 1817 and its 11 faculties offer a wide academic portfolio, including courses in every scientific discipline, while its research investment averages around £180million annually.
Why at Ghent University? There is a competitive atmosphere that initiates the desire to excel in students. Here candidates can get the potential to become a success.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
- University: University of Ghent Global Campus
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: Please contact directly via email [email protected] to know about the nationality.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Completion of a PhD in one of the following disciplines: Physics, Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Materials Science or other relevant disciplines preferably in related areas.
- A track record and demonstration of aptitude for organizing high-quality research activities as evidenced by research publications, in the leading journals and conferences.
- An outstanding background in areas relevant to Physical Chemistry, optics, bio and environmental sensing. Candidates should be interested in a study on ultra-thin 2D semiconductor films, ideally with a strong background in semiconductor devices based on 2D materials.
- Experience in working with laser and optical devices, and working in a clean environment.
- Demonstrated strong organizational background, skills, and experience in using initiative, working with minimal supervision, and the ability to prioritize the tasks and responsibilities to achieve projected objectives within the timeliness.
- The candidate should be capable of working with materials characterization tests, including Raman, FTIR, SEM, and AFM.
- The capability for teamwork and collaboration with other team members.
- The ability of the co-supervision of the junior team members.
- Enough experience in assisting with supervision of students undertaking undergraduate research projects
More than 2 years of job experience with research and development background (required for visa type E).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the grant, applicants need to take part in a PhD degree coursework at the university. After being enrolled at the university, claimants can apply for the fund by submitting their application via email: [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are asked to send their CV, recommendation letters, and the PhD diploma.
- Admission Requirements: You must have a master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Materials Science or other relevant disciplines preferably in related areas.
- Language Requirement: Excellent interpersonal writing and speaking capabilities in English.