Enhance your study experience and learn new skills by applying for the Post-Doctorate Scholarships offered by the University of Oxford for the academic year 2021-2022.
The programme is available to students who are going to enrol in the post-doctorate degree programme at the university.
The University of Oxford is a collegiate research university in Oxford, Oxfordshire, England. It is the oldest university in the English-speaking world, the world’s second-oldest university in continuous operation and one of the most prestigious academic institutions in the world.
Why study at the University of Oxford? The amazing academic opportunities at Oxford mean that the University is consistently ranked among the top ten in the world. They give excellent student satisfaction, world-leading quality of research, and high teaching standards are a strong testament to Oxford’s dedication to its students.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Oxford
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Post-Doctorate
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Chinese Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: China
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in
- Stress physiology
- Cell signaling
- Wheat genomic selection
- Hormonal pathways in responses of abiotic stresses
- Antioxidant metabolisms
- Brassinosteroids (BRs)
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Aspirants must have obtained PhD degree in botany (Plant stress physiology) from the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China in 2018 (Host institute: Wuhan Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Hubei, Wuhan, China).
- Applicants must have conducted research in functional genomics, abiotic stresses, transcriptome, melatonin, brassinosteroids, cell signaling, gene regulation, hormonal pathways, antioxidant metabolism, reactive oxygen species (ROS), and reactive nitrogen species (RNS), etc.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Aspirants have to complete an online application form to apply for the post-doctorate programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Submit the following:
- Official transcript
- Statement of purpose/research proposal
- Written work
- Admission Requirements: Applicants have been working as a scientific officer in the wheat breeding division.
- Applicants have been conducting research to develop drought, salt, and heat-tolerant wheat variety (s) by the phenotypic and genomic selection, and marker-assisted selection
- Language Requirement: Students must have to meet the English language requirements of the university.
Benefits: Each successful scholar will receive a salary to complete their degree programme in the UK.