The Department of Media and Culture Studies of the Faculty of Humanities at Utrecht University is looking for high-potential students to apply for the Postdoctoral Positions in Screen Media in Transition.
The programme aims to support students who want to apply for postdoctoral positions at Utrecht University.
A beneficial offer for applicants in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Utrecht University is a public research university in the Dutch town of Utrecht. It is the first in the Netherlands and the 52nd in the world as of 2020. They help to make the world a better place by investigating complex issues across disciplines and bringing together thinkers and doers to apply new insights.
Why should you study at Utrecht University? Utrecht University is a leading research university in Europe, renowned for its innovative and high-quality approach to research and education. Students at Utrecht University attend one of the world’s best universities and receive the best education available.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 29 April 2022
- University or Organization: Utrecht University
- Department: Faculty of Humanities
- Course Level: Postdoc
- Award: €3,821 and €5,230 per month
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any Department of Media.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- You have relevant teaching experience at BA and MA levels and in supervising individual thesis projects.
- You are an active and ambitious researcher with output that reflects this.
- You have the ambition to obtain external research grants.
- You have demonstrable ability and ambition in outreach, interprofessional collaboration, and challenge-driven education or research.
- You are strong in teamwork and capable of multidisciplinary collaboration.
- You have experience in setting up and coordinating courses.
- You have excellent organizational experience and skills.
- You have acquired the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification, or are willing to acquire this within the first two years.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be enlisted in the programme, aspirants are required to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, applicants must submit the relevant documents to the university.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must hold a PhD in the Humanities or in a field relevant to this position, with a research focus on on-screen media or film and television studies.
- Language Requirement: You are fluent in English, preferably close to near-native standards. If you do not have a native command of Dutch you are expected to obtain NT2-level spoken and written Dutch within two years of appointment.
Utrecht University will provide a gross salary – depending on previous qualifications and experience – ranging between €3,821 and €5,230 (scale 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities) per month, at full-time employment.