Make your dream come true with a degree that challenges and prepares you for career success in the UK at the University of Leicester through its Media, Communication, and Sociology Merit Postgraduate Scholarships to international students for the academic year 2023-2024.
All postgraduate students will be eligible to make an application for this scholarship if they choose to apply for a programme offered at the School of Media, Communications, and Sociology. The scholarship is valued at a maximum of £5,000.
Media, Communication, and Sociology Merit Postgraduate International Scholarships, UK
This scholarship will help you by providing the award amount of £5,000.
User Review( votes)
The University of Leicester is a public research university ranked 212th in Best Global Universities with a mission of generating excellence through solid foundations and creating a new campus and strategy with our Citizens at its heart.
Why choose to study at the University of Leicester? The university is always found at the forefront of research in the field they serve and are actively influencing change and shaping debate globally. It gives its students opportunities to provide new ways to understand the world.
Application Deadline: Applications at the University of Leicester are reviewed on a rolling basis but students are advised to follow application deadlines as per their major if any.
- University or Organization: University of Leicester
- Department: School of Media, Communications, and Sociology
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: £5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate degree study programme taught at the School of Media, Communications, and Sociology of the University of Leicester.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be classified as international students for fee purposes and be starting a full-time, campus-based taught Masters’s course in the University of Leicester School of Media, Communications, and Sociology, commencing in ?January 2023, September 2023 or January 2024.
How to Apply
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered.
- How to Apply: Students can browse for the course they wish to apply to and click the ‘Apply Now’ button at the end of it to make an admission application. All applications will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic qualifications and transcripts
- Personal statement/research proposal
- Two completed references (one must be academic) OR names and contact details of two people from whom we can request references (one must be an academic referee).
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to hold a UK high upper second-class degree or a UK first-class degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must refer to the English language requirements of the university and provide documents of proof accordingly.
The University of Leicester will award scholarships worth £3,000 – £5,000 towards their undertaken postgraduate study.
- Degree equivalent to a UK high upper second class degree – £3,000.
- Degree equivalent to a UK first-class degree – £5,000.