The Academy of Global Humanities and Critical Theory is inviting applications for the postdoctoral fellowship in Global Humanities. This fellowship is open for a two-year post-doctoral fellowship connected with the research activities of the Academy of Global Humanities and Critical Theory.
The Academy of Global Humanities and Critical Theory is a new research entity jointly promoted by the University of Virginia, Duke University and the University of Bologna. It is conceived as an intellectual space for scholars coming from different research fields and geographical regions to work together on the redefinition of the humanities in a global age.
- Application Deadline: April 16, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Global Humanities.
- Scholarship Award: The Academy will provide a workstation, access to services and facilities, and a fellowship contract of 40.000,00 euros (gross) per year.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in The first year will be spent at the University of Bologna. The second will be either at Duke University or at the University of Virginia according to his/her research interests and in agreement with the Director of the Academy.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The Academy seeks candidates no older than 35 years of age, who have attained their Ph.D. (or equivalent) within the past 5 years, for a postdoctoral fellowship in any aspect of the humanities and social sciences (history, political theory, anthropology, literature, visual, media and performing arts, archeology) to be held in the academic years 2018/2019 and 2019/2020.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit their application at http://aghct.org/post-doc-2018 attaching the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates of degree
- A 5000-word research project in English
- One writing sample (published or unpublished) (in English)
- One letter of recommendation (in English, to be emailed at info-at-aghct.org)