The Centre for the Advancement of Scholarship at the University of Pretoria (UP) is inviting applications for Postdoctoral Fellowship Application in Environmental Humanities. This fellowship is available for national as well as international students.
University of Pretoria mission is to be a leading research?intensive university in Africa, recognised internationally for its quality, relevance and impact, as also for developing people, creating knowledge and making a difference locally and globally.
User Review( votes)
- Applications Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to study postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the broad area of Environmental Humanities, the signature project at the Centre.
- Scholarship Award: The Postdoctoral Fellowship consists of a tax-free bursary of R 200 000 per year and the fellowship will run for 2 years depending on the progress of the fellow. A UP Postdoctoral Fellowship may also include a travel allowance up to an amount to be determined from time to time, made available to international fellows, for travel to and from the University of Pretoria at the commencement and termination of the fellowship period.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for national as well as international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for national as well as international students.
Entrance Requirements: The UP Postdoctoral Fellowships are available to any international or national candidate who qualifies based on the following conditions:
- Must have completed a doctorate.
- Must have attained their doctorate no more than five years prior to their appointment as postdoctoral fellows.
- Must be a young researcher (generally up to 40 years of age).
- Must have a PhD in any discipline of Humanities such as Anthropology, English / Literature, History, Philosophy and certain disciplines in the Social Sciences such as Sociology and Geography.
- Must have worked in the area of environmental studies and / or related field, OR show potential for research interest in environmental humanities.
- Candidates with interest in the impact of extraction industries on the environment will have an added advantage.
- Evidence of active research and publications in peer-reviewed journals will also be an added advantage.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Your application should include a full Curriculum Vitae, three referees with contact details (one of whom must have been a mentor or supervisor of the doctorate), and no more than a three-page motivation for research interest, should be sent via e-mail.