The St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is seeking a highly motivated individual to apply for the Postdoctoral Fellowship in Scott Blanchard Lab in Structural Biology through the University of Rochester for the academic year 2022-2023.
The University of Rochester’s ideal candidates for this Postdoctoral Fellowship in Scott Blanchard Lab in Structural Biology offered at the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s Department of Structural Biology are those with relevant PhD., have experience with quantitative single-molecule biophysical techniques, and have excellent communication skills. The selected candidates can expect visa sponsorship.
User Review( votes)
The department expects the applying candidates to be familiar and capable of handling job responsibilities like regularly presenting research plans and findings in a clear, concise manner to both general and specialized scientific audiences, preparing high-quality manuscripts for publication, assisting high-quality manuscripts for publication, undertaking leadership position in one or more research initiatives to reveal the mechanistic underpinnings of clinically important biological systems, and learning and utilizing appropriate assays to answer specific biological questions to be considered for this position.
The University of Rochester is a private research university in Rochester, New York. It is one of the top private universities in Rochester, United States. It is ranked 147thin QS World University Rankings 2023 with a mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create—and Make the World Ever Better.
Why choose to study at the University of Rochester? The University of Rochester will continue to frame and solve the greatest future challenges. The university is a community in which all who work, teach, create, and provide care are welcome and respected and where all can pursue and achieve their highest objectives for themselves, their community, and the world.
Application Deadline: The application period will expire on 30th November 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Rochester
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Visa sponsorship
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: American students and overseas nationals interested in this position are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for the postdoctoral position at the Department of Structural Biology of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital posted at the University of Rochester.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have particular communication skills such as the ability to distill, convey and present complex information clearly and concisely verbally and in writing to people of diverse scientific backgrounds.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applications for this postdoctoral position must be submitted via the university portal. All eligible candidates will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Statement of Purpose
- Copy of transcript(s)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official English language test score
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in relevant fields accordingly to the postdoctoral position they are applying for.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have excellent communication skills.
The candidates selected by the University of Rochester’s Department of Structural Biology to be appointed the Postdoctoral Fellow in Scott Blanchard Lab in Structural Biology will be provided visa sponsorship. They will also allow them on OPT/STEM OPT to be hired for this position.