The Princeton Society of Fellows in the Liberal Arts is inviting applications for postdoctoral fellowships for 2021-25. Applicants may apply only once to the Princeton Society of Fellows.
Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral program. Fellows must reside in or near Princeton during the academic year.
Wonderful Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Students.
User Review( votes)
The Princeton Society of Fellows in the Liberal Arts seeks to support innovative interdisciplinary approaches to scholarship and teaching in the humanities and humanities-related social and natural sciences.
Why at Princeton University- Each year, the Society chooses a new cohort of postdoctoral Cotsen fellows, who are appointed for three-year terms to conduct research and to teach in a home department or program at the University.
Applications Deadline: August 4, 2021
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants holding the PhD at the time of application must have received the degree.
- Applicants not yet holding the PhD must have completed a substantial portion of the dissertation – approximately half – at the time of application. Successful candidates must fulfill all requirements for the Ph.D., including the filing of the dissertation.
- Fellowships are awarded in the Liberal Arts, an interdisciplinary group of scholars in the humanities, social sciences, and selected natural sciences.
- Candidates for/recipients of doctoral degrees in Education, Jurisprudence and from Princeton University are not eligible.
- International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- The Society of Fellows seeks a diverse and international pool of applicants and especially welcomes those from underrepresented backgrounds.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications must be submitted via the online portal by the application deadline, August 4, 2021. Mailed, emailed or faxed partial or complete applications cannot be considered.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Transcript, School Report, Counselor Recommendation, Two (2) Teacher Recommendations, Mid-year School Report.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Fellows are provided with a salary of approx. $88,800 per year, benefits, a $5,000 research account, access to university grants, a shared office, a personal computer, and other resources. Fellows are expected to reside in or near Princeton during the academic year in order to attend weekly seminars and participate fully in the intellectual life of the Society. For the 2021-25 competition, we received 841 applications for four postdoctoral fellowships.