The University of Hawai‘i at Manoa School of Pacific and Asian Studies/Center for Korean Studies is happy to announce Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa.
Fellowships are available for International students. The purpose of the fellowship is to enable the continuation of research and publication.
The Center for Korean Studies coordinates and develops resources for the study of Korea at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa. The Center seeks to promote interdisciplinary and intercultural approaches to Korean studies. Its faculty draws scholars from disciplines as diverse as communication, economics, geography, history, language, linguistics, literature, political science, sociology, music, and urban and regional planning.
University or Organization: The University of Hawai‘i
Course Level: Postdoctoral program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International students
The program can be taken in the USA
Application Deadline: January 14, 2021
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Fellowships are available for International students.
- At a minimum, the applicant should hold a Ph.D. by June 1, 2021, and should have not received the degree more than five years prior.
- Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Fellowships are awarded in Korean studies. The fellowship is open to scholars from all fields of Korean studies, including literature, history, sociology, political science, and anthropology.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following to kscore-at-hawaii.edu with the subject line to read “Postdoc_surname_given name”:
- Supporting Documents: Students need to provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, dissertation abstract, research statement, two letters of recommendation, High-quality copies or scans of transcripts showing degrees and coursework.
- Language Requirments: Desirable qualifications include the ability to speak, read, and write in English and Korean with professional working proficiency.
Benefit: The selected fellow will receive a monthly stipend of $3,750.00 for twelve months with no additional benefits.