The Department of Industrial Engineering at University of Stellenbosch is offering Postdoctoral fellowship: Data Analytics & Machine Learning Applications in Industrial Engineering starting on January 1, 2019 or as per agreement.
The University is amongst South Africa’s leading tertiary institutions based on research output, student pass rates and rated scientists, and is recognized internationally as an academic institution of excellence.
User Review( votes)
Applicants must have Good verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in Afrikaans and English is required.
- Applications Deadline: November 8, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to study Data Analytics & Machine Learning Applications in Industrial Engineering. The Department of Industrial Engineering focuses on the following areas of research to improve global competitiveness: Operations Research, Data Analytics & Machine Learning Applications in Industrial Engineering; Operations Management and Logistics; Advanced Manufacturing; and Engineering and Technology Management.
- Nationality: Fellowship is available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
This fellowship is intended for a young researcher who has obtained a PhD within the last five years in Industrial Engineering with a focus on Data Analytics or Machine Learning, and would like to explore the field further. The term is for three years, and can be renewed depending on funding and performance. The successful candidate will work with other researchers in the focus areas of Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Optimisation, to further develop and investigate the application of these focus areas in relevant Industrial Engineering fields. Duties: Research participation and support, publication of research papers, collaboration with researchers and postgraduate students, co-supervision of post graduate students and limited undergraduate teaching.
A PhD in Industrial Engineering, with a focus on Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Operations Research or Optimisation
- An excellent academic record
- A publication record with at least one article in an accredited journal
- Excellent computer programming skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have Good verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in Afrikaans and English is required.
How to Apply: Postdoctoral fellows are not appointed as employees and are therefore not eligible for employee benefits Postdoctoral fellowships are exempt from income tax.