The Institute of Islamic Studies is happy to announce the Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Study of Islam and Muslims in Canada. Fellowships are available for international students.
The Institute of Islamic Studies at the University of Toronto (IIS) incubates advanced research projects in the study of Islam and Muslims. A collaborative research space, the IIS brings together researchers from across disciplines, regional interests, and historical periods. Engaging research leaders, artists, public policy institutes, and community organizations, the IIS is an intellectual crossroad where people and ideas meet, develop, and transform.
A fine educational program for applicants
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: Check back next year
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue a postdoctoral research program.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded on the study of Islam and Muslims in Canada.
- Scholarship Award: $45,000 plus benefits per year. Please note that should the minimum rates stipulated in the collective agreement fall below the rates stated in this posting, the minimum rates stated in the collective agreement shall prevail.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The successful applicant should have a high level of interdisciplinary analytic capability related to the theme, a demonstrated ability of independent research excellence, and the capacity to work collaboratively on a team of researchers. Applicants in the humanities and social sciences that examine the core thematic area are preferred.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: For full consideration, applications must be submitted electronically to islamicstudies-at-utoronto.ca by the application closing date.
Applications must include: (1) a cover letter with a research statement; (2) a complete curriculum vitae; (3) a writing sample; (4) names and email addresses for three references. After initial review, letters of recommendation will be requested for selected applicants. Applications will be reviewed as received and the position will remain open until filled. However, no hiring decision will be made prior to ten working days following the date the vacancy was posted.