The MPH Center for Quantum Optics invites interested young scientists to apply for Postdoctoral Fellowships in Quantum Science. Fellowships are awarded for the duration of two years.
Successful candidates can carry out their research either at Harvard or at MPQ, whilst taking advantage of the unique opportunity to pursue their research in collaboration with faculty and students at both institutions.
User Review( votes)
The Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics (MPQ) and the Physics Department at Harvard University join their expertise to expand on their groundbreaking research and to promote excellent young scientists.
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Quantum Optics at MPQ. Applications should address one of the following scientific core areas: Quantum Simulation; Quantum Phases of Matter; Quantum Information Science; Quantum Sensing and Metrology; Quantum Networks; Quantum Dynamics and Ultracold Quantum Chemistry.
- Award: Fellowships are awarded for the duration of two years. Successful candidates can carry out their research either at Harvard or at MPQ, whilst taking advantage of the unique opportunity to pursue their research in collaboration with faculty and students at both institutions. Participation in collaborative research projects between Harvard and MPQ is specifically encouraged. Hereby, fellows will be offered the opportunity to travel between both institutions on a regular basis, while profiting from the excellent colloquia series and scientific retreat events organized by the center each year.
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given.
- Nationality: International applicants
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity
- In order to be eligible for the MPQ-Harvard fellowships, applicants have to have completed their PhD before starting the fellowship.
- The University of Harvard and the MPQ are equal opportunity employers. Applications of women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged.
How to Apply: Applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships based at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics have to be submitted at
How to fill in the online forms for applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships based at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics:
- Education: Please give details about all your university education, including dates and degrees acquired. Also give a short summary of your PhD thesis, and list any prizes and scholarships you received. Please also insert any other information you consider relevant.
- Research: In this section we ask you about your previous research: please list your research interests, list your publications (most relevant), and give an outline of your prior and ongoing projects and collaborations.
- Field of interest: Please give a research field (at most two) that you are planning to work in. Please mention who you want to collaborate with.
- Research Agenda: Here you should sketch the research agenda you intend to pursue during your fellowship at MPHQ. Please also explain how this research relates to your previous research
- Letters of reference: Name at least two referees (max. three) that can testify on your previous work. They will be notified automatically by email once you submit your application. The reference letters have to be submitted before the deadline. Therefore, please contact the referees in due time!
- Upload: Please upload your CV, your transcripts, papers and publications. Please use pdf format only.