POST DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW – DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
The University of the West Indies (Mona Campus), Jamaica
The University of the West Indies is examining opportunities for the development of sponge aquaculture technology through a project entitled “The Mariculture of Sponges with Bioactive Constituents”. The project entails the investigation of optimal conditions for the propagation of sponges and the determination of the chemical composition of the sponges from the natural and cultured populations.
User Review( votes)
The ideal candidate should have a recent PhD in Natural Products Chemistry (Organic Chemistry) with background knowledge in the Life Sciences (Zoology/Biology). Candidates should also have:
1. SCUBA diving certification and experience in underwater photography;
2. A strong background in spectroscopic (eg NMR) and analytical techniques (eg HPLC/ GC);
3. Knowledge or experience in lower invertebrate reproductive biology;
4. Proven ability to prepare manuscripts for publication and to communicate the results of research studies to the scientific community;
5. Skills in the design, conduct and interpretation of filed and laboratory experiments;
6. Knowledge of statistical methods for assessment and interpretation of scientific data.
• The management, coordination and supervision of field work for research experiments in the sponge mariculture studies;
• The isolation and characterization of organic compounds in marine invertebrates using basic spectroscopic techniques;
• The provision of leadership to postgraduate and undergraduate students on the project and in the research group.
Application letter along with curriculum vitae giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, nationality, names and address of three referees and copies of degrees should be sent by electronic mail to: [email protected]. In order to expedite the recruitment procedure, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send reports under confidential cover directly to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Staffing & Employee Development, Human Resource Management Division, The University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica, West Indies, without waiting to be contacted.
The final date for receipt of applications is 22 August 2008.
I would like to express my a fmiration of your elegant fields of research. Iam Ammal Esmaeel Ibrahim female MSC. from Iraq Iam foyer to find an appartaimty to be involved as a full Time PhD. Student of your department. Iam seeking for a scholarship to cover tuition feeds and living expevses. I hope to accept my required and my wish come true to completing my study in chemistry science because I can not completing my study in iraq and I think you have idea a bout the situation in iraq and my family that consist of nine people make an another problem is the money problem. (Pleas can you help me to completing my study (PhD. in chemistry science). would you mind directing me learn to apply and if there is any opportunities for getting Scholarship from your University thank you to read my message pleas answer me as soon as possible
with my best regards.
Ammal Esmaeel Ibrahim
emil: [email protected]
Ammal Esmaeel Ibrahim
OBJECTIVE: Iam seeking to continue my post-graduate studies for PhD
in chemistry science or biochemistry or Clinical Biochemistry science.
EDUCTION: – BSC in chemistry science ,AL-NAHRIN UNIVERSITY. Rank 3/27
I graduatedfrom AL- NAHRAIN University College in june 2005 with rate 79.477.
– MSC in Clinical Biochemistry, AL-NAHRIN UNIVERSITY. Rank 2/25.
I graduated from AL- NAHRAIN University College in Novanber 2007 with rate 83.6.
The lunguage of study in my University is the ENGLISH lunguage.
RELATED EXPERIENCE: 1- Computer course-office-2008
2- TOFEL-test preperation course 2008
3- Course in DNA Technique and Molecular Diagnosis using PCR Workshop with grad EXCELLENT 2007
4- course in using windows oprating system 2005.
5- course in Medical Diagnostic tests 2007.
6- course in Teaching Methodology 2007.
7- course in English Language 2007.
8- My TOFEL SCORE (470)
HOBBIES: My hobbies including a love for reading. I also like to spend my free time running, watching television, hiking. Someday I would like to travel out of IRAQ to see different cultures special the india cultuer. finally, I also enjoy studing other objects like medical sciences.