The University of Zululand is awarding Postdoctoral Research Fellowship positions at the University in any of its academic departments with suitable mentorship expertise.
The Fellowships are intended to enhance the intellectual environment at the University and to provide opportunities in diverse fields for recent doctoral graduates.
User Review( votes)
The University of Zululand is the only comprehensive tertiary educational institution north of the Tugela River in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Its new status is in accordance with South Africa’s National Plan for Higher Education aimed at eradicating inequity and costly duplication.
- Applications Deadline: November 31, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral research programs.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in al research fields.
- Scholarship Award: The stipend attached to the fellowship is R240 000 per annum (tax free).
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for International students. Preference will be given to young South Africans.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for International students. Preference will be given to young South Africans.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A doctoral degree obtained on or after 2014
- Applicants must be below the age of 40
- Written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Computer skills
- An interest in conducting research as evidenced by some research outputs in journals and conference proceedings.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Prof N Mlitwa, Director, Research & Innovation Office, University of Zululand, at (035) 902 6779 All applicants are required to submit the following documents electronically to Ms BC Nxumalo at; NxumaloB-at-unizulu.ac.za, a completed application form, to be obtained from www.unizulu.ac.za/postgraduate-forms/ and a copy of full curriculum vitae. The appointment of Postdoctoral Research Fellows is dependent upon the availability of a suitable academic mentor.