The Turku Institute for Advanced Studies is currently accepting applications for 10 postdoctoral and 12 collegium researcher positions for a fixed-term period of three years. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The TIAS research collegium promotes cutting-edge research in humanities and social sciences by recruiting researchers who are committed to interdisciplinary and innovative research. TIAS aims to support the research priorities of the University of Turku, which consist of six thematic collaborations: 1) Biofuture 2) Digital futures 3) Cultural memory and social change 4) Children, young people and learning 5) Drug development and diagnostics 6) Sea and maritime studies.
User Review( votes)
Turku Institute for Advanced Studies (TIAS; founded in 2008) promotes cutting-edge university research in humanities and social sciences. TIAS is a joint enterprise between the faculties of Humanities, Education, Social Sciences and Law and Turku School of Economics.
- Application Deadline: April 13, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue Postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: The Turku Institute for Advanced Studies (TIAS), University of Turku, promotes cutting-edge interdisciplinary research in humanities and social sciences. The Collegium is supported by the Faculties of Humanities, Education, Law, and Social Sciences as well as Turku School of Economics, and spans the different fields and research themes of the Faculties. TIAS supports the research profile of the University of Turku, which consists of six thematic collaborations: bio future, digital futures, cultural memory and social change, children, young people and learning, drug development and diagnostics, and sea and maritime studies.
- Scholarship Award: TIAS researchers’ salaries are determined in accordance with the university salary system for teaching and research personnel. The salary for Postdoctoral Researcher positions corresponds to a requirement level 5 and personal performance level 4 euro-denominated salary (3 326, 61 €/ month). The salary for Collegium Researcher positions corresponds to a requirement level 7 and personal performance level 4 euro-denominated salary (4 471, 39 €/ month). Progress in the researcher’s personal performance can be taken into account when determining the salary during their employment at the University.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: The Collegium offers 10 postdoctoral and 12 collegium researcher positions for a fixed-term of three years. Half of the positions start from January 2019 and the other half at the beginning of 2020.
- Scholarship can be taken in Finland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
TIAS selects researchers through an international call for applications. The call is open to all researchers in the fields covered by TIAS. However, tenured professors are not eligible. Previous TIAS-researchers are eligible if their employment has not lasted more than 12 months.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The application must contain all the following documents:
1) Research plan abstract (1 page)
2) Research plan (max 25 000 characters)
3) Curriculum vitae (1-2 pages)
4) List of publications (indicate five most important)
5) Motivation letter
6) Copy of doctoral certificate
The documents 1-5 must be written in English with Times New Roman, font size 12 or equivalent.
Please note: The documents 1-5 are compiled together into one document (surname_Documents1_5) and then attached to the application. The doctoral certificate (surname_DoctoralCertificate6) should be attached as a separate document.
These two documents must be in PDF format. The two documents must be named by using the last name of the applicant and the document title (e.g. Smith_Documents1_5, Smith_DoctoralCertificate6.)
Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applications sent by email will not be accepted.