The Peking University and Princeton University Postdoctoral Fellowship Program are calling applications for the year 2018. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The Peking-Princeton Postdoctoral Program (PPPP), aiming at training highly-qualified, early-career postdoctoral researchers in studies of contemporary China so that they are positioned to become leaders in their respective academic fields.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The position is also open to any discipline, as long as the fellow conducts research on contemporary China.
- Scholarship Award: For the stay at Peking University:
During their stay at PKU, Postdoctoral Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of 15,000 RMB. They can receive an additional 3,500 RMB per month for self-organized accommodation or choose to live in a PKU postdoc flat. The fellows will further be eligible to apply for travel funding from external sources. During the appointment at Peking, the postdoctoral researcher will hold a visiting appointment at Princeton.
For the stay at Princeton University:
For the 12 months in residence at Princeton, each fellow will be appointed at the rank of Postdoctoral Research Associate or more senior with a monthly salary of 5,000 (60,000/year) US dollars which will be provided by Princeton, including a one-time relocation allowance of 2,000 US dollars. Further, each fellow will be eligible to apply for travel funding, have access to resources at the Paul and Marcia Wythes Center on Contemporary China, and be eligible for employee benefits provided by Princeton. During the appointment at Princeton, the postdoctoral researcher will hold a visiting appointment at Peking University.
- Nationality: All nationalities
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in China and USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The fellowship is open to highly qualified researchers of all nationalities who received their PhD no more Ph.D.n three years prior to the start of the appointment. The program is open to both internal and external candidates. Applicants holding tenure or tenure-track faculty positions are not eligible to apply.
Selection is based on the academic excellence of the applicant, the quality of the proposed research project, compelling demonstration of the anticipated synergy of the appointed postdoc, and the commitment of the respective hosts at both universities. The research proposal should include information on how the project will benefit from the research environments of both institutions.
Requirements and Opportunities:
- Successful applicants must provide a 10-page report on their research and experience in the Postdoctoral Fellowship after completion of the two-year program.
- Fellows are encouraged to publish together with their hosts at PKU and PU.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply for a postdoctoral position. Simultaneously, you must submit a pdf application to PKU, as instructed below. This position is subject to the Universities’ background check policy. All application documents must be prepared in English and include the following:
- A research proposal and time plan (max. 10 pages in total, including tables/figures and references);
- Concise Curriculum Vitae (max. 4 pages in total);
- Two recommendation letters (including one from the applicant’s doctoral supervisor);
- Two explicit endorsement letters by the potential supervisors, one at each university; and
- One writing sample (not to exceed 10MB).