Applications are being accepted for the Postgraduate Research Stipend International Scholarships in Graded Representation Theory at the University of Sydney for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship is available to all Australian and international applicants to pursue a PhD program at the Faculty of Science. Eligible students will win a yearly stipend for 3.5 years from the University of Sydney.
Beneficial offer for international applicants to complete their studies in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney is one of the world’s top 50 research universities. With over 50,000 students and 380,000 alumni from 170 countries, joining our network of leading thinkers will give you a competitive advantage in a global talent market.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Sydney? While studying at this university, you can influence and help define the future of the University and the leaders of tomorrow. The University recognises that diversity of talent provides a diversity of experience.
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through 2 August 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: Faculty of Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Up to $28,870
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a PhD in Graded Representation Theory
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Be a domestic or international student
- Have an unconditional offer of admission or be enrolled in a full-time PhD at the Faculty of Science
- Be willing to conduct research into the Graded Representation Theory of quiver Hecke algebras
- Hold an honours degree (first class or second class upper) or a master’s degree with a focus on disciplines relevant to Mathematics and Statistic, with a substantial research component
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students need to log in to the student portal of the university to carry out the application process. Candidates can apply for the scholarship here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Demonstrated research experience,
- Area of study or research proposal,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Feedback from two academic referees,
- Personal statement that demonstrates their interest in one of this scholarship’s specified projects.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have relevant skills, interests, and qualifications to be admitted to a PhD research programme at the University of Sydney.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 96
- TOEFL PBT – 592
- IELTS – 7.0
The University of Sydney will provide Up to $28,870 per annum for up to 3.5 years to the selected applicants towards the applied PhD program. This scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the ARC Discovery Project rate (indexed on 1 January each year) for up to three years. An extension for up to six months is available, subject to satisfactory academic performance.