The University of Sydney is very pleased to announce its Postgraduate Scholarship in Prevention Research and Health Economics for students who want to conduct research in economic evaluation and modelling. Applications are accepted for the academic year 2022-2023.
Funded by a grant from the NSW Health Prevention Research Support Program, NSW Health, this scholarship is valued at $35,000 per annum for up to 3 years of study. It is open to applications from domestic PhD students enrolled at the School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney. The applicants must have a relevant honours or master’s degree, experience in literature reviews, and evidence synthesis, and a strong skill set in bio statistics to be considered.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney, also known as Sydney University, or informally Sydney Uni, is a public research university located in Sydney, Australia, which was founded in 1850 and is presently one of the best universities in Australia, and is consistently ranked in the top 50 universities in the world.
Why choose to study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is the oldest university in Australia, and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities ranking 1st in Australia and 18th worldwide by the QS World Rankings. The university is very open to new ideas and makes a global impact by listening to and understanding the needs and aspirations of others.
Application Deadline: Applications received any later than 31st October, 2022 shall not be considered.
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $35,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Australian students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD degree study program offered at the School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health of University of Sydney.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an offer of admission or being currently enrolled to study full-time in a PhD within the Sydney School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney.
- The applicants must have a strong skill set in biostatistics, and oral and written communication.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to apply for admission via the official online portal of the university. Candidates interested to apply for the scholarship must submit a scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Two academic references
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have an Honours or Masters degree in Public Health, Biostatistics, Health Economics, or related discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) – 7.0
- TOEFL iBT – 96
- PTE Academic – 68
The successfully selected candidates will be awarded a scholarship providing $35,000 per annum for up to 3 years of PhD study by the University of Sydney.