DAAD is offering scholarships to citizens in Sub-Saharan African countries to pursue MSc studies in Electrical Engineering for Railway Systems at Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAIT) for the academic year 2017/2018.
In-Country/In-Region postgraduate award Program at Addis Ababa Institute of Technology aims at the development of academically trained Railway specialists who could contribute towards the capacity building of East-Africa.
Good chance for Sub Saharan citizens
User Review( votes)
Addis Ababa University is the oldest school. The University consist of the Faculties of Arts and Science at the university students gets qualified on the base of their scores on EHEEE.
Why at Addis Ababa university? For candidates, there are so many internship programs throughout the year which increases the thinking level of students in a different field. And develops their personality as well as communication skills.
Application Deadline: Closed
Participants must have to follow eligibility criteria-
- Students from Sub-Saharan Africa( Angola, Benin, Botswana,Burkano Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principle, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this programs.
- Have completed their last degree less than six years ago at the time of application
- The student should have two letters of recommendations of advisors/ supervisors from previous educational institutions.
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups, as well as candidates with disabilities, are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- How to apply: For being a part of the grant, the applicant must have to take admission in master’s degree program at the university and then complete the application form for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Candidate must-
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF; please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- A signed copy of DAAD Information Sheet for Students (link to DAAD information sheet form).
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university degree certificates.
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university transcripts (for Ethiopians, those who have university transcripts).
- Letter of motivation (Maximum 2 pages).
- An academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable (scanned PDF copy).
- Admission Requirements: Participant must have Bachelor’s degree qualification with at least a CGPA of 3.25/4.00 for males and 3.00/4.00 for females (Countries which uses another grading should be converted to 4.00).
- Language Requirement: Contestant from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Grants are available for up to a maximum of two years (Master). The educational award will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application by using the provided form. The application for renewal has to be submitted at least one month before the award period expires.